Just recently I saw these beautiful empty glass balls and I decided to buy them. Since I love making amigurumis, I decided to crochet a mini Rudolph and a Christmas tree to decorate them.
You can find the pattern at the end of this post if you want to make your own mini Rudolph with tree.
I’m always happy to receive photos of finished items. If you like the pattern and want to receive news about new (free) patterns, I kindly invite you to follow my blog.
Rudolph is about 5cm (2”) high. The tree measures about 6,5cm (2,5”)
* Crochet hook 2,5mm (US B/1, UK 12)
* Yarn calling for 2,5mm crochet hook (US B/1, UK 12)
for Rudolph: red, cream, beige, dark brown
for the tree: green, dark brown
* Dark brown fluffy yarn for the tail, or use normal yarn if you don’t have fluffy yarn
* Seed beads for the tree decoration
* Soft stuffing
* Tapestry needle
* Glass Christmas ball if you want to place the figures in a ball
* Small piece of white fleece to cover the bottom of the ball.
I used catona (Scheepjes) cotton yarn. You can find all the details about the yarn here
I bought the beads at Elfenatelier Leuven.
I found the glass ornament at Blokker’s, a chain of stores in Belgium. The ball is about 3,5″/9cm wide.