Today I celebrate the release of my first real ebook “Life around the Forest Home” and I want you to celebrate with me!
That’s why I like to share the twentieth and final pattern of my ebook with you. If you love raccoons and would like to make one yourself, then this is a pattern for you. At the end of this post you will find a link to obtain your free copy of the pattern.
I think it’s great to change a ball of wool into adorable little creatures with their own character.
These are the materials you need:
- about 9 gr silver grey eyelash yarn. You can use e.g; Brazilia 092 (Schachenmayer) or Panda 583 (Scheepjes)
- Black yarn leftover, e.g. Catona 110
- Light grey yarn leftover, e.g Catona 074
- White yarn leftover, e.g. Catona 106
- 1 pair of black safety eyes, size 6mm
- Synthetic stuffing
- Crochet hook 3mm, both for the eyelash and other yarn.
- Pins to keep everything in place when you sew different parts together
- Tapestry needle
No time or energy to look for all the materials? Then you can use this DIY kit that contains all the materials (yarn, eyes, stuffing) you need to make your own cute raccoon.
Tips and trics for working with small parts
- Small parts like e.g. arms and noses have the tendency to curl up with the wrong side on the outside of your work. Turn your work right
side out after rnd 2 before you continue. In later rnds it will be almost impossible to turn your work right side out.
- Use pins to keep the small parts in place before you sew them together with other parts.
- Take your time.
Do you also want to make one?Yes, send me my copy of the pattern
Do you want to make the whole forest home set? Then you can find the ebook here.
I wish you lots of happy crocheting!